Sunday, February 18, 2007

For All Ye Traffic Geeks


I dream of a day when we don't see trucks on any roads during the day. Why? Less trucks, less traffic, less carbon in the air, easier commute, better quality of life. So, how to do it? London found one solution to the basic problem of logistics: how to get the goods to market while decreasing truck use. Here's an interesting article about trucks and delivery of goods. I prefer a system where all non-essential trucks do all deliveries in the middle of the night. I know, it's still a dream....

1 comment:

David Fried said...

Greetings all from your friendly card carying capitalist.

I think that all of us are already committed to educationg as many people as possible. My desire is to see real change accelerated. To that end I would like to see the group pick a task or two that would have a huge impact if successfully completed. Think of it as a "whole that is bigger than the sum of its parts" strategy. Two such ideas come readily to my mind. One, Convince LADWP to do more to publicize their Green LA program with the goal of signing up X% of the public by X time. A second goal would be to try and have the City councel pass a green ordinance the dealt with things like decorative ligghting, Planting trees to ofset carbon production on cars sold in LA, CFL sales..etc. These are my ideas. I am open to bigger ideas that have a greater impact.